Culture of health & safety and compliance
Keeping our customers and colleagues safe is the single most important thing we can do as a housing provider. We work with various safety experts and organisations to ensure best practice across all areas of the organisation, and we are very proud that Orbit is the only affordable housing provider to have achieved BS9997, British Standards in Fire risk management systems.
We continue to partner with RoSPA to deliver exceptional levels of health and safety compliance on our construction sites and were one of the first housing associations in the country to be granted three RoSPA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents) gold awards for customer safety and overall Health and Safety.
Orbit has been commended for outstanding work in health and safety:
- British Safety Council International Safety Award – Commitment to Customer and Property Safety 2023 – Merit
- RoSPA Gold (5th consecutive year)
- ROSPA Health and Safety Team of the Year Award 2023: Highly Commended
- Most Innovative Property Service’ Award from the National Housing Maintenance Forum (NHMF) and ‘Delegates Choice Award’ for Building Information Model (BIM) in partnership with Parametrix
- BS9997: Fire Risk Management System (FRMS)