Orbit is a fantastic business and one that’s really going places.
Orbit was formed in 1967 with the aim of providing good-quality housing for people who would otherwise not be able to afford to buy their own home.
Over 50 years later, we’re one of the leading housing providers in the UK. Our services have diversified, our housing portfolio has expanded, and our reputation as an innovator within our sector has grown. But one thing that has never changed. Our belief in people and what they can achieve.
Your role at Orbit.
As IT 2nd Line Team Lead you will be responsible for leading a team of Technical Support Analysts, delivering second line and remote desktop support services to the business.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing, supporting, mentoring and developing Second Line staff, improving skill sets and raising the technical capabilities of the team.
- Ensuring that all Incidents, Service Requests and other tasks assigned to the team are resolved or fulfilled in accordance with standard processes, and within agreed Service
- Working with the IT Service Manager to continuously develop and improve working practices, processes and standards within the Second Line
- Coordinating and managing processes relating to the procurement, configuration and deployment of user IT equipment such as laptops, tablets, smartphones
- Administration and accurate documenting of IT assets ensuring records are accurate and auditable. Tracking, recording, and maintaining assets through their lifecycle and ensure information on IT equipment assets are kept accurate and up to date in the CMDB.
- Assisting the IT Service Manager with the development of processes surrounding the ongoing administration, development and customisation of the IT Service Management tool, and deliver elements of this through the Second Line team.
- Organising and overseeing remote support activities, liaising with external support providers as necessary, to ensure efficient use of support
- Line Management of the Second Line Support
- Operational management of the Second Line
- Provision of Second Line Technical Support, advice and guidance to IT customers, ensuring all Incidents and Service Requests are resolved or fulfilled in a timely and appropriate manner, and in accordance with relevant
- Development, implementation and delivery of an effective Triage
- Working closely with the First Line Team Leader and Third Line Support Managers, to ensure smooth and effective inter-team working, in order to best support our customers.
- Researching and developing technical solutions as required for customer queries and requests.
- Ensuring all activities within the Second Line function are conducted within the scope of relevant defined processes, such as Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, Request Fulfilment
- Proactively identify risks, ensuring that they are effectively managed such that all IT related
- Analysing incident records to identify root causes or underlying errors, documenting solutions to these and actively seeking to reduce them
What will help you make a difference.
To be successful you will need:
- ITIL Service Management Foundation v3 Certificate or equivalent.
- Microsoft certification and/or significant equivalent work related experience within a Second Line technical support
- Significant experience of diagnosis and rectification of faults.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with hardware, software and mobile
- Experience with a range of technologies, including Active Directory, GPO, Citrix, Windows desktop, SCCM, Apple mobile devices, VOIP telephone systems, Networking (LAN, Wi-Fi, VPN), M365 etc.
- Experience of Windows image build, configuration and deployment
- Demonstrable experience using service management toolsets.
- Demonstrable experience liaising with both internal and external suppliers and
- Good team and organisational skills, including the ability to chair meetings, plan and manage resources (including suppliers) and ensure deadlines are
- Experience of the supervision and/or Line Management of
- Capacity to keep abreast of and to adapt to new technology and tools both for internal IT use and to identify potential applications within the
- The ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a strong customer service
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to produce clear and concise work instructions and support
- Full driving licence, and willingness to deliver support to sites across the Midlands, East and South East on occasion, as
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain great people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of background, age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, religious belief, faith or disability. As part of our Armed Forces Covenant commitment, we welcome ex-services professionals to consider career opportunities at Orbit.
Rewarding your contribution.
For those who want or need more of a work life balance our view is that this role is suitable for WorkSmart. This means we would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs. Agile working arrangements will be discussed during the interview process.
Some of our core benefits include:
- Group bonus potential up to 15% of salary
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the “Orbit day”
- Private medical insurance
- Excellent contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- A great pick and mix of flexible benefits including the option to buy and sell holiday and much more
Our culture and purpose.
We know that great people are central to achieving our ambitions and as such we want everyone to have a voice and make a positive difference. We are proud to be a Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for, this demonstrates we place people at the heart of everything we do. We continue to create a culture that celebrates diversity and an environment where everyone feels able to contribute towards achieving together.
We support our colleagues to be at their best through our wellbeing programme #ThisIsMe, our corporate learning programme, opportunities for professional development, our innovative approaches to making the world and our homes a greener place and our leading reward and recognition package. Because of this our people tell us Orbit is a great place to work for.
At Orbit, our people are enthusiastic and passionate about making a real difference to our customers and communities. We are one team where everyone is connected and encouraged to have the freedom to think differently.
Each year we build many new affordable homes and manage a total portfolio of around 45,000 properties. Over 100,000 people live in an Orbit home and our innovative approach empowers every one of them to grow and thrive. We are commercially driven. The more profit we make, the more we invest into the communities that we work for, improving services and playing a key role in driving UK housing growth.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
We have so much more that we’d like to share with you so please submit your CV demonstrating the value you could bring to Orbit.
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.
Application deadline: Mon 20th September 2021