Orbit was formed in 1967 with the aim of providing good-quality housing for people who would otherwise not be able to afford to buy their own home.
Over 50 years later, we’re one of the leading housing providers in the UK. Our services have diversified, our housing portfolio has expanded, and our reputation as an innovator within our sector has grown. But one thing that has never changed. Our belief in people and what they can achieve.
Your role at Orbit.
We are looking for an experienced IT leader to join our IT department as Head of Business Solutions & Architecture to develop and own the overall architecture strategy and technology roadmaps in line with Orbit’s Microsoft Dynamics365 and cloud strategy.
You will also be responsible:
- Digital & IT solution design, delivery, testing and implementation, including integration of all new and existing Orbit IT systems.
- Acting as a trusted advisor to key business stakeholders, including Leadership Team, and Business Change Team.
- Ensures the architecture and solution is fit for purpose and capable of supporting all business requirements in line with IT strategy.
- The Head of Business Solutions & Architecture will be a key role to drive forwards our business transformation, driving forward business strategies including smart building technologies and IoT.
- In conjunction with the IT Product Managers, responsible for the definition and management of the end to end capability roadmap, ensuring their requirements are fully represented and understood whilst managing their expectation in line with the platform roadmap.
- Management of the digital and business solutions Team, comprising Development team, Test Team, Digital workplace and Architecture team.
- Develop and lead the overall architecture strategy and technology roadmaps, in line with Orbit’s Microsoft first/D365 and cloud strategy.
- Implementation of architectural principles and frameworks (esp. TOGAF) to evaluate all new proposed system and infrastructure developments/enhancements to existing platforms and ensure alignment with IT strategy.
- Work with IT Product Managers and Project Managers while steering developers, designers and testers to ensure effective end-to-end digital delivery.
- Work with the Business change team to manage web and digital development projects through Waterfall or Agile delivery methods.
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time and budget, to the agreed methodology, quality standards and specification in conjunction with the Business Change team.
- Engage with senior business and IT stakeholders to ensure that the architecture supports business outcomes and can be easily communicated and understood.
- Align technology and business strategies and to provide overarching Design Authority support for major change initiatives across Orbit.
- To provide technical design expertise to projects initiated within Orbit, influencing business requirements where necessary.
- Own Orbit’s Technical Design Authority and drive forward Microsoft First/D365 strategy.
- To develop technical skills within the Digital/Solutions Team to enhance solution design skills
- To contribute to the overall IT strategy and IT continuous improvement plan by leading research on latest technological advances and best practice so that such changes are benefited from and new or changing technology is offered as appropriate.
- To contribute to a framework of effective IT policies/procedures and ensure team adherence to relevant policies, procedures and controls.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships and contractual/SLA oversight with relevant IT Service providers.
- Defining and structuring strategic, complex cross organisational transformational change initiatives.
- Develop technology solutions for customers and employees to transform the business through Microsoft technologies.
- Monitoring the market to identify emerging technologies and solutions which Orbit can exploit (e.g. IoT)
- Lead the management of all environments along with the cross-technology domain release management process.
What will help you make a difference.
As our ideal Head of Business Solutions & Architecture, you will have a proven track record of successfully creating and implementing a digital change agenda as well as a wealth of experience in designing digital products and services that solve both conventional and complex business solutions.
You will also have:
- The Head of Business Solutions & Architecture will have a proven track record of successfully creating and implementing a digital change agenda as well as a wealth of experience in designing digital products and services that solve both conventional and complex business solutions.
- Deep expertise in delivering digital technologies using Agile methodology with superb interpersonal skills, experience leading an innovative team and have a passion for forward thinking digital transformation.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of enterprise architecture frameworks and principles (e.g. TOGAF)
- Experience of working with senior business and IT stakeholders to develop and embed architecture strategies and roadmaps that support business models and outcomes.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences including senior leadership, business, architecture, programme managers etc
- A track record of making complex design decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, balancing advancing strategy, immediate business needs and potential long term risks and implications
- Experience in analysis and design of enterprise technology solutions
- General knowledge and experience across business analysis, security by design, application and infrastructure design, systems integrations and information management
- Key technical experiences:
- Microsoft technology stack
- Dynamics 365 - CRM and ERP
- Office 365
- Windows o/s
- Integration and interfaces with legacy systems
- Web/Digital development
- Experience in managing strategic partnerships
- Experience with SaaS, Cloud, IoT and smart technology systems
- Broad and deep knowledge of technology trends, products, services and Enterprise IT Architecture
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain great people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service.
Rewarding your contribution.
For those who want or need more of a work life balance our view is that this role is suitable for WorkSmart. This means we would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs. Agile working arrangements will be discussed during the interview process.
Some of our core benefits include:
- Group bonus potential up to 15% of salary
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the “Orbit day”
- Private medical insurance
- Excellent contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- A great pick and mix of flexible benefits including the option to buy and sell holiday and much more
Our culture and purpose.
We know that great people are central to achieving our ambitions and as such we want everyone to have a voice and make a positive difference. We are proud to be a Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for, this demonstrates we place people at the heart of everything we do. We continue to create a culture that celebrates diversity and an environment where everyone feels able to contribute towards achieving together.
We support our colleagues to be at their best through our wellbeing programme #ThisIsMe, our corporate learning programme, opportunities for professional development, our innovative approaches to making the world and our homes a greener place and our leading reward and recognition package. Because of this our people tell us Orbit is a great place to work for.
At Orbit, our people are enthusiastic and passionate about making a real difference to our customers and communities. We are one team where everyone is connected and encouraged to have the freedom to think differently.
Each year we build many new affordable homes and manage a total portfolio of around 45,000 properties. Over 100,000 people live in an Orbit home and our innovative approach empowers every one of them to grow and thrive. We are commercially driven. The more profit we make, the more we invest into the communities that we work for, improving services and playing a key role in driving UK housing growth.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
We have so much more that we’d like to share with you so please submit your CV demonstrating the value you could bring to Orbit.
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.